This is the Horde. Below are our Recipes. Thanks for sharing our Kitchen

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Steak Diane


This recipe has become a massive favorite in our home. I have changed it slightly to account for budget and a large family. In general. I triple this recipe for our family. I also use thin steak slice cutlets. I can easily feed our family for under $20 for the entire meal using the thin steaks and while using tenderloin is delicious, so is it's less expensive counterpart.


I found this recipe in my South Beach Recipe book and not only is it delicious, it is heart healthy. Using the recipe as stated with tenderloin the nutritional at a glance is as follows.


Per serving: 397 calories, 21g fat, 5g saturated fat, 32g protein, 28g carbohydrate, 7g dietary fiber, 43mg cholesterol, 266 mg sodium.


Ingredients

4 center cut beef tenderloin medallions
Salt
Coarsely ground black pepper
1/4 cup 1 tablespoon margarine
1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
1/4 cup mushroom caps sliced 1/8" thick (I always go heavier on the mushrooms, at least a cup worth even when I don't increase the recipe for family)
1/8 teaspoon minced garlic (I use 1/4tsp)
1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 tablespoon fresh chives

Pound the steaks until they reach approx 1/2" thick. Dry with paper towel and sprinkle with salt and pepper (I omit the salt)

In a large chafing dish over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons of the margarine. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook each steak for two minutes on each side. Remove to plate.

Melt remaining 2 tablespoons margarine. Add the shallots, mushrooms, garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Whisk the worcestershire sauce and mustard together and add to the mixture, ensuring it's well combined. Return the steaks to the pan and cook until desired doneness. Place the steaks on warm serving plates. Add the lemon juice, parsley and chives to the pan and mix thoroughly. Cook for 30 seconds or until just warm. Pour the sauce evenly over the steaks.

This meal is very easy to make and can be ready in as little as 15 minutes when using the thin steaks. Add perhaps another 5-10 for tenderloin. It is a definate keeper!!! I usually return my thin steaks to the pan after I've added the lemon juice, chives and parsley. I'll simmer it for a minute or two to let the flavour infuse fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...