This is the Horde. Below are our Recipes. Thanks for sharing our Kitchen

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Buttermilk Banana Bread


Banana bread has to be one of my family's favorite treats. My daughter decided to make some all by herself today for her first time. I am busy making almond croissants today and she wanted to spend some time in the kitchen with me.

She did a pretty good job. The batch that came out of the actual oven vs the easy bake oven turned out much better!!


This is my failsafe easy banana bread recipe.

Ingredients
3 ripe bananas
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1 cup sugar
4 tbsp. buttermilk
1 tsp. soda
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans(optional)
1/8 tsp. salt

Cream butter and sugar in mixer. Add bananas and mix well. Add eggs and continue mixing. Add soda that has been dissolved in buttermilk. Add with flour and salt. Fold in nuts. Bake in 1 large or 2 small greased and floured loaf pans for 60 minutes in a 350 degree oven

2 comments:

  1. I love to cook (especially to bake), so i feel I'm going to be a frequent visitor to this blog! The banana bread looks delicious--your daughter is quite the accomplished baker! Perhaps it's the easy bake practice? :)

    I remember wanting one of those so badly as a kid...

    Takat
    Writing away about my latest 3 week adventure through China at http://katacomb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks TaKat!! She is certainly in the kitchen enough. I'm working on the croissants still today. (and Swedish Meatballs)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...