(discovered this recipe when Grandpa and I got married and they were the first cookies I made)
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup peanut butter or margarine
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 ¼ to 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (depending on the kind of flour you use)
1. In a large mixing bowl beat the butter or margarine and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
2. Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and baking powder. Beat till well combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
3. Beat in the eggs and vanilla till combined.
4. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining flour.
5. Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
6. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten by making crisscross marks with the tines of a fork. (dip the fork in either flour or hot water so it does not stick to the batter)
7. Bake in a 325* oven for 9 - 12 minutes or till bottoms are lightly browned.
Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.