This is the Horde. Below are our Recipes. Thanks for sharing our Kitchen

Monday, July 13, 2009

Shrimp in White Wine Lemon Sauce


Tonight I tried to invent a recipe. I'm going to call it, Shrimp in White Wine Lemon sauce.

I sort of pulled a little of this, and a little of that and developed it. I think it's probably similar to shrimp scampi but I've never actually had shrimp scampi so I can't say for sure. It was tasty though. Light and full of flavours.

The kids ate it pretty quickly and were asking for seconds so I guess I did alright in the end of the day. If you try this recipe and alter it let me know, I'd love some recommendations for improvements.

Ingredients
2 lbs shrimp, deveined, shells removed (you can leave the tail on if you like)
1 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
1 or 2 shallots. (1 large, or two small)
3/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup cream
3/4 cup shrimp stock (made through initial cooking of shrimp)
salt and pepper
1-2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
Juice of one lemon
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup shredded parmagean cheese (grated)

Salt and pepper the shrimp.
Heat skillet and add the olive oil. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook until just pink. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and pour the juices into a measuring cup. I had more than a cup of juices as I used frozen shrimp.

Place skillet back on heat, add the butter and melt. Add the onions and cook until soft (about 2 minutes), add the garlic and cook for another thirty seconds.

Add the wine, add the stock from your measuring cup, and add lemon juice. Bring to a boil and reduce by about a third. Add the cream and reduce again by another 1/3. Add the parmagean, and mix well until melted. Return the shrimp to the pan and add the parsley. Adjust the salt and pepper if needed. Simmer for another minute or so (longer if you need it to thicken a little more)

Serve over angel hair pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...