This is the Horde. Below are our Recipes. Thanks for sharing our Kitchen

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Simply Sinful Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie..help me win a baking contest. (Now for charity)


To all my followers and friends who visit this site. Please take a moment and vote for my Simply Sinful Cheesy Chicken Pot pie recipe in Canada's Pillsbury Baking Challenge.



Voting is now open until the end of Jan. (27th) and you can vote once a day. I was going to post this recipe to the blog ages ago but held off while the contest was open. Here it is in all it's glory. I would ask that you visit the contest and rate my recipe though please. Originally I was going to give the appliances to my mom, donate the grocery gift cards, and enjoy the cleaning services myself.  As this contest has progressed I've decided to donate any prizes won to Charity.  Appliances will be donated to our local shelter for abused women, groceries to our local food bank, and I'm still working on the cleaning service.  My goal in this is to get to the finals and have my recipe judged.  That has been my goal since the beginning.  Anything else is really gravy.  So please take a moment to register at the above link and help me reach both my goal and hopefully win some prizes for some very worthwhile causes. 

Let me know how you like this recipe if you try it.  It has become a family favorite in our house and it's so good!!!  I mixed it up a little bit over the holidays, using turkey and leftover veggies from Christmas...just as yummy (oh, and I added some precooked elbow noodles into it instead of topping it with Biscuits.  The kids loved the twist on the traditional mac and cheese.


INGREDIENTS
4 (6oz) boneless chicken breasts, cubed small and cooked
2 cups shredded old cheddar cheese
125 grams (1/2 block) regular cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded fresh parmasean cheese
2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
2 cups chopped cauliflower

1 cup chopped broccoli
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (or chopped carrot)
1 chopped or finely sliced, large shallot
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 tbsp olive oil
2 pkgs Pillsbury Biscuits (you can substitute my Buttermilk Scones here, or a premade pie crust)

INSTRUCTIONS
Prepare chicken ahead of time. Small cubes sautéed.
In a medium to large size saucepan, place olive oil. Over medium high heat sauté shallots and celery until soft and clear.

Lower the heat and add cream cheese, allowing it to melt. When melted add two cans of cream of Chicken Soup (non diluted) and combine well. Add the two cups of old cheddar and mix until well combined/melted. Add remaining parmasean cheese and combine well.
Add to the mixture the cooked chicken and all vegetables. Combine well.
Split the mixture into two 8-inch casserole dishes or one large casserole dish.
Place the Pillsbury Biscuits over the mixture to completely cover. Bake at 375 Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to set for 5 minutes and enjoy.
You may also substitute Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie crusts for the biscuits. This recipe will make two pies.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious and I can't wait to try it. I was just wondering if you have ever frozen portions before? I make meals for one person and find it is hard to find recipes for portions that small so I always try to find things that can freeze and be reheated later yet still taste good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never frozen it Ashley as my kids tend to leave little for even leftovers but I would think this one would freeze well. I make food ahed of time often and freeze it in individual containers when I know we are going to get busy. Given the consistency after baking I don't see it as an issue.

    Another alternative would be to not bake it and freeze the portions individually baking it when you need it. I can see that working as well. Let me know how it turns out if you try it. I may try it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Voted for ya!

    One question about the chicken. Nobody ever tells you have to cook it. Recipes always call for cooked chicken.

    What's the recipe for cooking the chicken breasts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tim!! LOL on the cooking the chicken. Any pre cooked chicken will work actually. I use left over chicken alot. Those rotiserrie ones work too. I made it over Christmas with leftover turkey!
    Otherwise I just cube the fresh chicken and cook it up in a pan.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...