This is the Horde. Below are our Recipes. Thanks for sharing our Kitchen

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cream of Broccoli Soup. Simple, and scrumptious.

Wouldn't you know it, as I'm about to post last month my modem fried and we were offline for awhile. (and I went on Vacation).

Without further adieu...the easy cream of Broccoli soup I was about to post a few weeks back. 

I love Broccoli, and I actually don't like soup that much but this one...oh yeah!!!!

Ingredients

1 large potato
3 cups broccoli, cut up into smaller bits
1 shredded carrot
1 onion diced
4 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup cream (approx)
2 tbsp butter


In a large pot melt butter, add onions and saute until soft, add the chicken broth followed by all the vegetables.  Simmer for about 1/2hr -45 minutes until broccoli and potatos are soft.   Two options now.  Transfer the contents into a food processor or use a hand blender to puree the soup.   I use a hand blender (less mess!!).  Add the cream and simmer for another 1/2 hour or so.  Salt and pepper to taste.

Top with some shreded cheddar cheese or parmigean cheese and serve.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...