This is the Horde. Below are our Recipes. Thanks for sharing our Kitchen

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sour Cream Pancakes. A Bed and Breakfast treat

My mum and dad run a B&B  here in Northern Ontario during the summer months.  Our family cottage built by my Grandad and added onto over the decades is now host to families and couples from around the world.



This recipe has become one of the favorites of all guests, children and adults alike.   It originates from my mum's pre B&B days when she ran a charity.  One of the fundraisers for the charity was a cookbook.  I don't know who contributed this one but it is fantastic.   Substitute plain yogurt for sour cream if you don't have the sour cream.  I have also changed the original to use buttermilk instead of regular milk.  (we are buttermilk fans in our house).  Add some fresh fruit if desired.  The possibilities are endless.  Mum has been known to add chocolate chips for a special treat.

You can also mix the dry ingredients, pre prepped and stored in zip bags for faster prep on busy mornings.

Ingredients
1 cup flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt

1 egg
2 tbsp sour cream, heaping  (or plain yogurt)
1 cup buttermilk
2 tbsp melted butter

Sift together dry ingredients.  Mix egg, milk and sourcream.  Pour over dry ingredients, add the melted butter and mix.   Spray a hot skillet with Pam cooking spray and cook.  Makes approx 12 pancakes (silver dollar size).

They were delicious

4 comments:

  1. This is a great recipe. I haven't taste sour cream pancakes but I guess it taste so good. I am used to usual pancakes and I put a lot of butter and syrup. Perhaps I should try this recipe in the near future.

    Car Leasing Classifieds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sour cream pancakes sound awesome! I would love if you added this and any other links to my "Happy Post" today. http://su.pr/1bZ8fp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sour cream pancakes sound fabulous. I shall have to try them sometime. Happy Thanksgiving from another Northern Ontarian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Chris. Happy belated Thanksgiving to you too. Had a wonderful Thanksgiving near the French River

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...